Age: 10 (BW)/12 (BW2)
Birthday: June 21st
Hometown: Opelucid City
Occupation: Former Gym Leader/Unova Champion
- Iris is training under Drayden as an apprentice to become a Dragon Master and run the Opelucid gym on her own. When Drayden is busy being the mayor, Iris will step in as the gym leader. She has gym leader authority, but still has a lot to learn from Drayden.
- She was born just outside of Opelucid City. Her mother was the wife of a traveling trainer. They traveled Unova before having their child together. A couple of years after Iris was born, her father set off on a journey to another region but never returned. That same year, her mother fell ill and left Iris in the care of her grandmother just before she passed on.
- Since then, Iris has lived with her grandmother outside of Opelucid City. Iris grew up playing with wild Pokemon near her home. She encountered her first Pokemon, Axew, in the wild, helping it escape from a wild Pokemon attack. This Axew stayed with Iris ever since and evolved into her Haxorus that she has now.
- Iris’ natural talent for training dragon types was eventually noticed by Drayden. Iris often went to Opelucid City when she was old enough to go out on her own. After several encounters and a couple of Pokemon battles, Drayden offered Iris the opportunity to become his apprentice to the Opelucid Gym, a position that she humbly accepted.
- Like most young children, Iris is energetic and easily excitable. She loves traveling and meeting new people. However, due to her gym leader duties, she doesn’t travel too far but often goes to Castelia because the big city excites her. She also enjoys visiting Nimbasa City, Lacunosa Town and Undella Town (for vacations).
- Iris gets along well with the female gym leaders of Unova and the League Champion, Alder. She is on friendly terms with Burgh, Brycen and the Striaton brothers, often visiting their cafe. Clay intimidates her, so she doesn’t try to talk to him unless prompted to.
- Drayden is basically a father figure to her, having known him for several years. She learned a lot about training Dragon type Pokemon from him and his wife.
- If Iris were not a gym leader, she would probably make a living selling medical herbs for Pokemon and humans.
- As part of her apprenticeship, Iris gets to look over eggs of Dragon type Pokemon that Drayden’s family breeds to new trainers and aspiring Dragon Masters. Iris obtained her Druddigon, her second Pokemon, through an egg that Drayden gave to her.
(During BW2. Will rewrite this when I’m more serious)
- So basically Alder was like “Yo Iris. Wanna be the champion?” after Touya or Touko whatever went off to look for that faggot, N. So Iris was all “Heck yeah, I wanna be the Champion!”
- Iris got a Lapras because god I don’t know why. Apparently she likes dinosaurs a lot or something. I guess it’s good type coverage in case some scrub goes up against her with 3 Dragonites, like that loser Lance. But Dragonites are super cute so he’s not a complete loser.
- Why the fuck doesn’t Iris have a Dragonite?
- Iris still considers herself to be under Drayden’s apprenticeship. Every so often, she comes to Opelucid to train with him. She considers him to be stronger than her, but Drayden thinks she has surpassed his skills, even going as far to brag about her to other gym leaders, maybe. Why am I even writing headcanon about Drayden? Remind me to delete this if we get a Drayden for whatever reason.
- Iris pretty much hates Team Plasma and may be somewhat hostile to N if she ever sees him.
- Iris loves going over to Castelia City to bother the shit out of Burgh and tell him his art sucks and to draw more pictures of her and her Axew.
- Jk. She loves Burgh. He thinks his art is cool as shit.
I swear I will rewrite this one day.